One of our key objectives is to be a positive example of agency practice in the estate and lettings agency sector. In this blog, we set out some of the ways we plan to do this.
We aim to:
- Be compliant with estate and lettings agency codes of practice and regulations. We are members of The Property Ombudsman, NAEA & ARLA Propertymark and the Tenancy Deposit Scheme
- Take an evidence-based approach to property appraisals (valuations), so vendors and landlords understand the reasoning behind a recommended marketing price and can be sure to make the most of the initial interest generated when the property is first marketed
- Have a transparent approach, so you have no nasty suprises. For example, many agents offer 12-week contracts and if people wish to serve notice, it's a 28-day period added onto that. We want people to use us because they trust we are providing the best service possible. We offer 10-week contracts and people can provide 14-days' notice within that period.
- Present properties in the best possible light through: well-written descriptions, up to 20 professional photos and an accurate floorplan (including for lettings), advertising on the largest online portals, making every effort to ensure we are fully-informed about the property and aware of the broader market so we can answer buyer questions, and following-up with prospective buyers and tenants after viewings and feeding back their thoughts so the vendor/landlord is aware of how people perceive their property and we can refine our marketing strategy accordingly
- Deliver positive results for all parties involved in a property sale or let, including vendors, landlords, buyers and renters (read our 5-star reviews here)
- Minimise fees for tenants to support people in affording quality accommodation in London (without increasing landlord fees), ahead of the Tenant Fees Bill coming into effect next year (we also submitted our support for the Tenant Fees Bill back in May 2018)
- Ensure people feel like they can make themselves at home in their rented property, by giving people the option to request a tenancy up to three years if needed (subject to the agreement of the landlord and with a break clause if required – any rent increases during the tenancy will be tied to a formula set out in the tenancy agreement). Our tenant commitment can be read here
- Have a team reward structure for our staff to encourage the sharing of knowledge among the team together with a positive work culture and subsequently, excellent customer service
- Always act with clarity, intergrity and a human approach
- Attend relevant events in London and write articles to influence developments in the sector and to provide an agency perspective on broader housing issues
- Meet with the 999 Club Homeless Support team to understand the challenges 999 Club clients experience when accessing the private rented sector, and learn from their work and experiences to inform how we do things
- Review practice on a regular basis to ensure we’re operating in the best way we can currently
- Use the majority of our profits for homeless housing and support in London through our UP fund or reinvest them in the organisation so we can increase our impact over the longer term
- Support local homeless charity the 999 Club with their awareness and fundraising efforts, including match-funding donations made by our customers up to £25 per property sale/let
Get in touch
To arrange a free market appraisal or simply obtain more information on our services, either email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 020 7043 2348, or visit our office on Rope Street.
Everything we do is guided by our principles – it’s not just about what we do but also how and why we do it.
A transparent approach
We're here to sell and let places in the right way – we aim to simplify the process to make it as clear as possible and to minimise surprises.
Our directors have 19 years' collective industry experience with established London agents and have also worked in related sectors – we use our knowledge, and continue learning, to ensure we're operating in the best way possible.
A dynamic service
We listen to your needs and quickly adapt to changing circumstances – our flexible cloud-based systems also ensure our processes always support the services we provide.
People with integrity
We have an unwavering focus on delivering positive results for all parties – we’re an independent start-up that’ wants to create a new model of estate agency you can trust.
A social purpose
The majority of our profits will go to homeless housing and support or be reinvested in us to increase our impact over the longer term – we're committed to helping meet homeless housing need and to providing a better deal for all.
Our operating model